NEW YOUTH BEHAVIOR POLICY
(APPROVED BY THE HAZEL PARK DISTRICT LIBRARY BOARD ON 2/28/2017)
AS OF TUESDAY, MARCH 14, STUDENTS UNDER THE AGE OF 18 WILL BE REQUIRED TO WEAR A STUDENT I.D. TO ENTER AND USE THE LIBRARY—
UNLESS ACCOMPANIED BY AN ADULT
THE FOLLOWING GUIDELINES WILL BE FOLLOWED FOR ALL UNACCOMPANIED MINORS BREAKING THE PATRON BEHAVIOR POLICY:
1. Strike 1 – Verbal warning informing patron of their infraction.
2. Strike 2 – Patron will be escorted out of the building and given a behavior policy sheet and Do’s and Don’t sheet to read and sign with parents.
3. Patron will be allowed back in the building upon returning signed behavior policy packet.
4. If a patron is asked to leave a second time in one semester, the minor must return with their parent in order to resume library privileges.
5. Library staff reserves the right to change these steps on a case-by-case basis as deemed necessary.
6. School administrators may be contacted regarding disciplinary action.